Every soldier needs weapons of the highest grade. If you are a connoisseur of gourmet food, but don’t know how to cook, or looking to perfect your ways to achieve culinary satisfaction – the right shopping can do miracles for your palate.
- Buy the best ingredients: The first rule of authentic cooking is to use the best ingredients. But the freshest produce from your local farmer’s market, get fresh natural cheese and free range. You will definitely understand the drastic changes in the flavor palate that good ingredients can bring.
- Invest in a few good appliances: Cooking does not have to be complicated because there are great appliances available in the market. A quality blender, and chopper will cut your work in half. Make cooking easy with a sous vide machine because it removed the hassle of monitoring the doneness of your meat. Get perfect consistency and test every time. These are investments you will reap for years to come.
- Have a set of chef’s knife: Your chopping and cutting techniques not only make an aesthetic difference, but also gives the right flavor to your food by cooking everything equally.
- Buy kosher: Do not use common table salt in dishes, use kosher or sea salt as it has a much better and enriching taste as well as essential minerals. The texture is different from common salt too, so a rough grind can give a lot of body to a bland salad.
- Grab some liquid smoke: Liquid smoke works miracle for grill or barbeque. A hint of liquid smoke with smoked salt will give your bland stovetop cooking a much better enhancement.
- Build a spice rack: Spices are not only limited for cooking Indian food. A pinch of turmeric or cumin can speak volumes.