I am a budgeting pro now:
Even a couple of months ago, I did not care to draw any budgets. I never thought they mattered so much as they now do to me. Budgeting has opened my eyes to so many shopping truths that I would have either overlooked or taken for granted.
But I was used to wondering where my thick package vanishes even when I am only in my third week. Sometimes, I have had to borrow payday loans to carry myself to the next month. But man! Budgeting changed all of that and more.
Do you believe me if I tell you that I have more money that can last me through the entire month and in the last few months, thanks to my newly acquired skill, I have been able to carve out savings too!
Here are ten innovative ways to save money on food:
- Discount eateries:
I always prefer dining at places that offer steep discounts. Sometimes the offer is on a particular club that you are a member of or a credit card that you pay with can fetch you a good twenty to fifty percent discount. These offers are really not to be missed.
- You must carry your own shopping bag:
Shopping with your own recyclable bag is a great idea for your wallet as well as the environment. Go, green folks!
- Organic food is good but can be slightly harsh on your bank balance.
The rule of the thumb does not necessarily go for any organic foods that require peeling and eating the fruit that is inside.
- Have you started couponing yet?
Log on to the winning coupon site called Couponobox and begin collecting discount coupons for the things that you regularly buy for your pantry. You will save so much that you can easily afford a vacation, believe me!
- Small is thrifty. Getting a small shopping cart to shop helps you prioritize your shopping. It works!
- Learn the pattern that stores come out with offers on products that you love. You will be surprised that there is indeed a pattern and that you save big!
- Get wine by the dozen. Saving is obvious when you buy cases. Now you have another excuse lol
- Online coupons can help you save tons of cash if you will stack more than one coupon together. It is a win-win for you and the retailer.
- Shop with your loyalty card and earn more points while encashing the previous balance on the card.
- Coffee? If you can drink the free office coffee, think of how much you can save in a month’s time, in years?!!