Kids and bikes are inseparable. For most of us, bikes are the most cherished part of our childhood. Buying first bike for the kid is a memorable moment for the parents as well. How to make sure that you are buying the best bike for your kid? These few points may help you.
- Frame and design: Prefer aluminum frame bikes over steel ones as they are lighter. If it is heavier for a kid to drag, how will he ride? Secondly, it should be easier to step on so that kids can ride on them without any external help. Choose balance bikes for smaller kids after reading toddler balance bike reviews from amazon. Do not buy a mountain bike if he is going to drive it on the road for most of the times.
- Kid’s bikes should be sturdier: A sturdier frame is not heavier necessarily. It should be able to face a few hits and crashes here and there. The steel parts should be properly painted to prevent the risk of corrosion.
- Avoid gears and gear shifters for kids: Small riders do not need gears as it will only confuse them. Avoid gears till your kid reach the wheel size of 20 inches and even after that consider gears if your kid excel in riding it. Bikes for kids should be simplified and easily operational.
- Brakes should be operational: Most of the kid’s bikes are fitted with brake levelers that are too big for their hands. Buy a bike that is fitted with brakes that are easy to handle for your kid. The child friendly brake components will enable your kids to ride more comfortably and without tears.
- Headgears are important: Make it a habit for your kid to wear helmet when they ride. It will save from any kind of mishappening in the future.