Any man who is growing a beard for the first time might be left feeling overwhelmed with the number of different products available for taking care of your facial hair. Here, we take a look at beard oil, explaining why you need to start using it today.
- Beard oil is a product which helps to soften the hairs of the beard, as well as moisturizing the skin underneath it. It can also help when styling the beard, prevent hairs from lying in the wrong direction.
- Oil should be applied just after washing the face, or when you come out of the shower to maximise the benefits. After washing, the pores and hair follicles are open, meaning more of the product will be taken in by the skin and hair.
- Beard oil can be applied using the hands, in a circular motion. If the beard is quite long, it is best to use a comb to ensure the product evenly coats all the hairs. Only a few drops are needed each time – a little goes a long way. This makes the product great value for money, as a small bottle will last for a while.
- The oil is also great for helping keep the beard looking and smelling clean. Many offer a gentle fragrance, which is a great alternative to wearing cologne or aftershave. The oil helps your beard look better – by keeping the hair and skin moisturized, the risk of flakes developing in the beard is minimized.
- Finally, if you are looking for a great product, I recommend choosing one which is made from all-natural ingredients. It’s best to choose something which doesn’t contain nasty chemicals, such as parabens and sulphates. I love this beard oil, which is all natural and comes in a variety of different types.